PicoSure Carbon Peel
Cleanses. Exfoliates. Rejuvenates. Brightens
A carbon peel using a Pico laser is a revolutionary laser treatment that is completely painless with minimal-to-zero downtime. It is a non-invasive skin procedure that combines the use of a special carbon lotion with picosecond laser technology. The Pico laser emits laser energy in ultra-short bursts, which are measured in picoseconds (trillionths of a second). When combined with the carbon lotion applied to the face, it offers several benefits:
1. Enhanced Skin Rejuvenation. The laser’s energy targets the carbon particles that are absorbed into the pores and the upper layer of skin. This helps to exfoliate the skin, remove dead skin cells, and promote the generation of new skin.
2. Pore Size Reduction. The thermal effect of the Pico laser can help to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores by stimulating collagen production and promoting skin elasticity, leading to smoother and more refined skin texture.
3. Increased Collagen Production. The laser stimulates natural collagen production, which helps in repairing the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improving the overall firmness of the skin.
4. Oily Skin Improvement. The heat generated from the laser also helps to reduce the production of excess oil, which can be beneficial for people suffering from oily skin and acne-related issues.
5. Hyperpigmentation and Age Spot Reduction. The PicoSure laser is effective at breaking down pigment in the skin, which means it can be used to treat sunspots, age spots, and various forms of hyperpigmentation.
6. Acne and Acne Scar Treatment. The carbon peel helps to destroy acne-causing bacteria and shrinks sebaceous glands, which reduces the formation of acne. It can also help to diminish the appearance of acne scars through its collagen-boosting effects.
7 .Complexion Improvement. Following the carbon peel treatment, patients often observe a more even skin tone and a radiant complexion, thanks to the removal of the outer layer of dead skin.
8. Minimal Downtime. One of the major benefits of carbon peels using the pico laser is that it requires minimal to no downtime. Patients can usually return to their regular activities immediately after the procedure. It's a versatile treatment that can be used on all skin type.
Regular treatments recommended.
Avoid Accutane for 6 months
Discontinue use of Retinol, Retin A, AHAs, BHAs, and other active ingredients for one week prior.
Avoid skin resurfacing, laser treatments, and chemical peels 4 weeks prior
Reschedule if you have active acne or rash
Face will be cleansed and prepped with a signature facial
A liquid carbon mask is applied thinly to the face
The laser is passed over face
Use sunscreen regularly with at least SPF 30+ for several days after treatment.
Don’t use any products containing retinol for at least five days after treatment.
Do not exfoliate or use any abrasive or invasive skin treatments for at least one week.
Over multiple treatments, As collagen and elastin regenerates, the skin will feel firmer and smoother
Skin will look bright and glowing